In preparing this Policy, FBNInsurance has endeavoured to align our procedures with relevant regulatory and legal requirements as well as current best practice. In particular, this Policy is designed to satisfy the requirements of Customer Satisfaction.
This Policy is intended to address complaints made to FBNInsurance. A complaint under this Policy is defined as follows:
An expression of dissatisfaction made to an organisation, related to its products, or the complaints-handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.
Any person or organisation (the complainant) who is dissatisfied with a product or service provided by the Company, for any reason, may contact FBNInsurance to complain. A complaint may be oral or written. At times, complaints can be by way of negative feedback, which may not require a resolution or formal follow-up. While this type of feedback is valuable, the Policy does not apply to feedback of this nature.
FBNInsurance seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing you with high quality products and services. We value complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service.
FBNInsurance is committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolving complaints as quickly as possible.
This policy has been designed to provide guidance to both our customers and staff on the manner in which FBNInsurance receives and manages complaints. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling complaints.
The objective of this policy is to ensure:
- Awareness on our complaint lodgement and handling processes
- That both customers and staff understand our complaints handling process
- Complaints are investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information or evidence
- Complaints are considered on their merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
- Recognition of customers’ right to provide feedback and complain about product and services rendered.
- All complaints are treated in line with laid down statutory and regulatory requirements.
HANDLING A COMPLAINT
If you are dissatisfied with a product or service provided by FBNInsurance, you may in the first instance consider speaking directly with the staff member/s you have been dealing with. If you are uncomfortable with this or consider the said staff member unable to address your concerns you can lodge a complaint with us in one of the following ways:
- By completing a Complaints form on our website https://www.fbninsurance.com/lodge-a-complaint/
- By calling our Contact Center on 01-9054810
- By writing to us:
- Customer Service Unit
- Customer Service Unit
- By sending us a mail to us firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person by speaking to any of our customer service staff at our branches. Please note that you will be required to fill a Complaint Form. Details of the complaints will then be logged.
- Social Media:
- Facebook: FBNInsurance
- Twitter: @FBNInsHelp
- Instagram: FBNInsurance
- WhatsApp: 08024298119 (Chats Only)
- Your name and contact details
- Name/Description of product or service being complained about
- Problem encountered with said product or service
- Copies of any documentation which supports your complaint.
The person receiving or managing your complaint should provide you with any assistance you may need to make your complaint. However if you consider you need further assistance please contact: email@example.com
Upon receipt of a complaint via any of our channels, the complaint would be logged on FBNInsurance which in turn will generate a unique identifier code that is sent to the customer. The complaint would identify the remedy sought by the complainant and any other information necessary for the effective handling of the complaint.
Receipt of each complaint would be acknowledged to the complainant immediately via e-mail notification.
Upon receipt, each complaint would be initially assessed in terms of criteria such as severity and possibility of immediate action and will be treated accordingly.
We would investigate all the relevant circumstances and information surrounding a complaint. The level of investigation would be commensurate with the seriousness, frequency of occurrence and severity of the complaint.
All Complaints will be tracked from initial receipt through the entire process until the complainant is satisfied or the final decision is made. An up-to-date status would be made available to the complainant upon request and at regular intervals, via any of our channels.
Communicating the Decision – The decision or any action taken regarding the complaint, which is relevant to the complainant, would be communicated to them as soon as the decision or action is taken via email and SMS.
Closing the Complaint – If the complainant accepts the proposed decision or action, then the decision or action would be carried out and recorded. If the complainant rejects the proposed decision or action, then the complaint would remain open. This would be recorded and escalated to the Complaints Management Team. The complainant would be informed of alternative forms of internal and external recourse available. The organisation would continue to monitor the progress of the complaint until all reasonable internal and external options of recourse are exhausted or the complainant is satisfied.
The complainant has the right to:
- Be heard
- Provide and request all relevant material to support the complaint where this does not breach privacy regulations;
- Be informed of the response to their complaint;
- Be informed of the Company’s decision and the reason for this decision;
- Know that their complaint is being reviewed independently where appropriate.
- Make further complaint or escalate to the following internal or external parties