Family Shield is an annual renewable plan that provides cover for death and permanent disability (resulting from accident only). It also provides for an additional lumpsum amount payable to cover for funeral expenses.
- The minimum annual Sum Assured is NGN500,000 and the minimum premium is N4,000 per annum
- The sum assured can be increased to N750,000 and N1,000,000 maximum for premium of N6,000 and N8,000 respectively
- Premium charged are on an annual basis.
- No medicals required
- Premium payment mode: Single annual payment
- Flat death benefit amount (NGN1million)
- Additional funeral expenses cover amount of NGN100,000
- Payable only on death (from all causes) of the customer
- There is a 3 months waiting period for death from natural causes
- If death is as a result of an accident, when the policy is in the waiting period, the Company will pay out the full amount of cover
- Minimum age at entry: 18 years
- Maximum age at entry: 64 years
There is a waiting period of 3 months for death resulting from natural causes. This will only apply in the first policy year. Where policyholders renews automatically, there will be no waiting period from the first and subsequent renewals. This will also only apply if policyholder continuously renew.
The plan duration is 1 year. Policyholder can elect to renew cover after a 12-month period.
There is no provision for cancellation or return of premium under this plan.
There is no maturity payment in the plan.
This a pure risk policy and do not have any surrender benefit. There is no maturity payment in the plan.
The company will consider Death Claims subject to the following conditions:
- The Policy must be active
- Claims will be paid only for accidental deaths occurring during the three-month waiting period.
In case of the policyholder’s demise, a claim can be made on the policy provided the company has accepted the application, received the premium and had confirmed this information to you either via email or text message. However, there is a waiting period on this policy.
Premium can be paid through the following channels:
- Complete a direct debit form
- Complete a standing instruction form with your bank
- Electronic transfer from your account to our account
- Deposit into our bank account
- Please include your name and policy number on all payments.
Please do not pay cash to/through our Financial Advisor or staff.