Servier Insurance is a loyalty product from Servier: an International Pharmaceutical group, governed by a non profit foundation which will provide Life and Health insurance cover to all Servier customers in Nigeria. When customers purchase medication, they are required to register the drugs to activate the insurance cover for free.
All customers of Servier Nigeria Pharmaceuticals who are aged between eighteen (18) years and seventy five (75) years, provided that such Beneficiaries are Nigerian residents and not foreign residents and who register the Servier Nigeria Pharmaceuticals product they have purchased by sending a verification request by way of SMS to 35383.
- Health and Life Insurance benefits are provided as per below:
A lump sum benefit of N50,000 will be payable upon inpatient hospitalisation of an insured customer for minimum two (2) continuous nights at a hospital recognised by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) in Nigeria. A claim for Hospitalisation shall be limited to one (1) claim per Beneficiary during the Term and subject to a maximum of four (4) claims in any twelve (12) month period. For the avoidance of doubt outpatient treatment is specifically excluded, regardless as to whether it is linked to in-patient treatment.
- A lump sum benefit of N10,000 will be payable upon death of an insured customer for any reason other than abusing illegal drugs or alcohol, or participating in criminal activity, terrorism, or war.
What is term of my cover?
- Cover begins immediately after registration of a Servier product, subject to the waiting period defined below, and terminates after 30 days unless renewed as per 7 below.
What waiting period will apply?
- Two (2) days waiting period commencing from the effective date of insurance for the initial registration will be applicable. No waiting period will apply in case you have renewed your insurance within seven (7) days of expiry of existing cover.
When will my insurance terminate?:
The cover will terminate at the end of the 30 days period starting from the date of product registration or upon death of an insured customer.
Whom the claim will be paid?
In the event of a hospitalization claim, the payment will be made to the insured customer. In the event of the death of an insured customer, the benefit will be paid to the next-of-kin of the insured customer.
How will I renew my insurance?
This is same as the first registration process but with no waiting period. If however, renewal is done after 7days of policy expiry, 2days waiting period shall apply.
How to make a claim?
- To make a claim for hospitalisation, the customer calls 09090518213.
- To make a claim for death of a customer, the next-of-kin should call 09090518213.
- Claim payments will be made within 72 hours of receipt of all required documents and will be paid over bank drafts, cheques or electronic transfers.
When claim is to be notified?
The Next of Kin or a customer must notify the Policyholder that a Claim has occurred within ninety (90) days of the incident date.
What documents are required?
- Death Claim:
a. Death /Burial Certificate or Medical Report.
b. Beneficiary’s ID
a. Medical Report, Admission Receipts or Hospital Discharge Letter
b. Customer’s ID.
When canare the claim documents to be received?
Claimants must submit all claims documents in relation to the claim as requested within thirty (30) days of the Claim Notification.
Servier Pharmaceuticals Nigeria will act as the group policyholder and provide this insurance to their eligible customers. Servier Pharmaceuticals Nigeria is responsible for payment of all premiums to the underwriter.
FBN Insurance Limited is the underwriter of this insurance product and is responsible for payment of valid claims.
MicroEnsure West Africa Limited is providing administrative services under this insurance policy.